Hand therapy clinic
Our experienced and dedicated team at WPRS hand therapy recognise the importance of accurate diagnosis and an individualised treatment approach. At WPRS the hand therapy team work closely with Plastic and Reconstructive surgeons to ensure you receive the highest level of care.
Acute Injuries and chronic conditions can benefit from hand therapy. These may include:
- Hand sprains, fractures, dislocations and ligamentous injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Trigger finger and thumb
- Osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis of the hands and arms
- Tendonitis (including tennis elbow, De Quervain’s)
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Wrist pain
- Post-surgical recovery
- Burns and scar management
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
WPRS hand therapy specialises in the management of Sporting, WorkCover and TAC injuries.
No referral is required to attend WPRS hand therapy. Call (03) 5562 5330 to book an appointment
Workcover and TAC clients require a referral from their General Practitioner. Once the referral is received WPRS will contact you with an appointment
For chronic conditions WPRS hand therapy accepts patients for management under Enhanced Primary Care Plan which enables a number sessions with our team paid for by Medicare. Please discuss with your General Practitioner if you are suitable for this program.
- Initial consult 30 mins: $70
- Review consult 15 mins: $35
- Review consult 30 mins $58
- Splints or exercise equipment will incur an additional fee.
WPRS hand therapy service is a private service. Clients with private health cover and extras in Occupational Therapy may claim some rebate from their health fund. Unfortunately, there is no Medicare rebate associated with hand therapy services. WPRS is however able to facilitate clients who are under an Enhanced Primary Care.